Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mile 25 Dedication: Noreen Kenney

Having done a marathon before, I know that the last few miles are going to be especially tough.  Mile 25 promises to be particularly challenging, as I will be so close to the finish line, but also incredibly tired and fatigued.  Nicole Kenney, a close friend of mine, realized this when she chose Mile 25 for her dedication.  She wrote, "I'd like to sponsor mile 25 to honor my mom, who runs her own personal marathon every day."  Kate and I got to know Noreen, Nicole's mom, when Nicole moved in with Kate back in 2010.  She is a kind, generous, and talented woman - she did complicated alterations on Kate's wedding dress and saved scraps of the fabric as a surprise for a scrapbook.  Since 2010, Noreen has faced intense personal challenges but throughout, has shown immeasurable strength and persistence.  Channeling Noreen's persistence, I know I will make it through Mile 25.


No comments:

Post a Comment