Friday, September 28, 2012

Gearing up for the biggest workout weekend yet

With about a month to go until the marathon, this weekend is the time for me to do my very biggest workout of the entire training cycle. Since I'm a big fan of Hal Higdon's training plans, I always do my longest workouts on tired legs. So today I ran for an hour at around or below my goal marathon pace (which is 9 minutes per mile) then did some deep water swimming for 30 minutes.

Tomorrow is the big workout. I will run for 13 miles then bike for the same duration of time that took me. The idea here is that I will be spending about the same amount of time doing cardio work as I would during a marathon, except I won't be subjecting my body to the pounding of running that long. So this is going to look something like a 4 hour effort. Wow, it hurts me just thinking about that. I hope it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment