Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First long run in Louisville!

I'm up to 14 miles and it feels pretty good! I had to delay my long run until yesterday because of moving to Louisville over the weekend. With the drive on Saturday and the unpacking on Sunday, I went to bed at 8:30 on Sunday night and was up bright and early at 5am Monday to do my run. I first went to the 24 hour grocery store to get some energy gels because I was out. Then I ran through Cherokee Park here in Lousiville which is incredibly confusing. All the roads and trails loop back on themselves and there is maybe one map posted anywhere in the park. Had it not been for my smartphone I may not have made it out! I finished up my run by heading down to the waterfront (Ohio River) before coming back up to Old Louisville where my house is. Longest long run to date! The next one will be a step back to 10 so I can prepare to launch up to 16 in two weeks. Getting within striking distance of the monster 20 mile training runs seems possible now.

Here's a map of my run yesterday:

No comments:

Post a Comment