Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mile 1 Dedication: Kate's horse, Prometeo

To help reach my required (and daunting) goal of $3,000, I'm letting donors dedicate a mile to an animal or person who has meant a lot to them. First up is my lovely wife, Kate, who is dedicating mile 1 to her horse Prometeo.

Prometeo aka Pro has been in my life since I met Kate and I've learned that he can do some really impressive things...when he puts his mind to it! He would get jitters before shows and sometimes get distracted, much like I'm sure I'll be doing at the race. So I'll be thinking of how to be like Pro when he had great performances and try to keep my mind in a good spot as I run the first mile.

From Kate: "Pro taught me about a lot of things, but most of all he taught me about patience. As you start the marathon, you will need patience to pace yourself and finish strong! You can channel his Arabian endurance to sustain yourself for the remaining 25.2 miles."


No comments:

Post a Comment