Thursday, August 30, 2012

Louisville Exploration Run + Sweet New Running Stuff

This morning's run was an 8 mile semi-planned jaunt through the the industrial areas of Smoketown and Butchertown. My purpose was twofold: to see parts of the city I haven't seen yet, and to try and find places for my running club to meet and run from (we have some silly traditions that involve loud singing that isn't acceptable in most residential areas). So that explains all the offshoots from the main course, as shown below:

There is a lot of land out there just fenced up and going un-used. I hope it gets re-developed in the future...there's no need for urban sprawl when we have all that open space right near downtown.

The other big news today is that I got my running singlet and arm bands from North Shore Animal League! Check it out:



I will totally be rocking the bracelet wherever I go now, and the singlet will get LOTS of use even before race day. I hope the printing makes it through all the washing I'll be doing to it.

And finally, to go with the other awesome new stuff today, I replaced my worn out Mizuno Wave Precision shoes with the brand new model. Behold them in their post-run glory:




No comments:

Post a Comment